Jason RiddickOf Counsel
Jason Riddick is an experienced and entrepreneurial business litigator representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants in state and federal courts throughout the country. Jason’s practice focuses on complex business litigation, including contract and business tort disputes, defamation, securities, trade secrets, and corporate governance disputes. Jason also represents clients in connection with internal investigations, class actions, SEC enforcement matters, FINRA inquiries, arbitrations, and employment matters.
Jason’s clients include financial institutions, registered representatives, employers, entertainment and pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, insurers, investors, and high net worth individuals. Jason has extensive expertise with trial and pretrial motions, taking and defending depositions, and devising trial and settlement strategies. Representative matters include:
- Secured summary judgment and attorneys’ fees on behalf of a pharmaceutical company sued for securities fraud
- Obtained dismissal of securities class action suit on behalf of financial institution with $7 billion in assets, while leading team of attorneys in successfully resolving related SEC inquiry
- Defeated $15 million-dollar RICO fraud claim on behalf of international construction company and its CEO
- Defended auditor in PCAOB administrative trial
- Represented the world’s largest Spanish language media company in high-profile litigation against Univision Communications Inc.
- Successfully defended lawsuit challenging California’s administration of a multi-billion-dollar insolvent life insurer
- Represented State of California concerning availability and reasonableness of attorneys’ fees under Section 1983 stemming from Supreme Court decision in American Ins. Ass’n v.Garamendi, 539 U.S. 396 (2003)
- Successfully defended music manager in two-week arbitration against claims of breach of fiduciary duty
- Representation of manufacturers in defense of putative class actions alleging claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Jason received his J.D. in 2004 from the University of California, Boalt Hall School of Law, where he received the Prosser Prize for Excellence in Interviews and Depositions and was a Senior Member of Ecology Law Quarterly. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Chico State University in 2000. Jason worked in the California State Legislature as a fellow for the prestigious Jesse M. Unrue Assembly Fellows Program, where he navigated bills through the legislative process, served as liaison to lobbyists and committee staff, and wrote numerous speeches.
Jason has practiced at Alschuler Grossman, the international law firm Bingham McCutchen, and the national firm Dykema Gossett, LLP. Jason also continues to serve clients through the Law Offices of Jason Riddick, where he represents individuals and business owners throughout the Los Angeles area. Jason has been recognized in Southern California Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star in business litigation in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.